BBBS Recruitment Posting – May 2022 (ENG)
Are you passionate about supporting youth in Greater Moncton? Help us grow the positive impact of youth mentorship by joining the board of directors for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Moncton. Our mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
JOIN THE TEAM
We strive to have a Board that reflects the diversity of youth populations across Greater Moncton. We encourage applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people of all marginalized genders and abilities, LGBTQIA/2S, as well as newcomers and young people (ages 18+).
BBBSGM is particularly in search of candidates who bring experience in (and/or enthusiasm for) one or more of the following areas:
- Lived experience that could inform your contributions to a non-profit that is committed to empowering youth from marginalized communities
- Decolonial, anti-racist organizational approaches
- Intergenerational mentorship and capacity-building
- Human resources
- Fund development and donor stewardship
- Communications and/or public relations
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning and evaluation
Candidates should have a true interest in the organization’s outcomes and be ready to serve as ambassadors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Moncton by committing 2-5 hours per month for document review, board and committee meetings, events, volunteer recruitment and other tasks. Board members are elected to serve a two-year renewable term.
WHAT WE OFFER
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Moncton provides leadership and mentorship development for its board members along with the opportunity to connect with other community leaders. Board members take pride in having a direct role in supporting youth in Greater Moncton.
HOW TO APPLY
If this feels like a good fit for your talents, please submit your CV and an expression of interest (maximum one page) that includes:
- Why you want to be a BBBSGM board member
- What skills and assets you bring to the board
- Previous non-profit experience, if applicable
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until Thursday, June 2 , 2022 at noon. Please email Meghan Cross at email@example.com. New board members will be approved at the Annual General Meeting on June 21, 2022.